“The survival of the USS Liberty was nothing but a miracle. The ship was an old WWII ‘one goer’ that was converted into a military intelligence vessel. It wasn’t built to stand a combat, it wasn’t structured to take any penalty. And yet, it somehow survived hours of heavy Israeli raids. It was hit by napalm bombs and torpedoes, by the end of that horrid day it was soaking with young American blood, but it refused to go down. It didn’t sink. The USS Liberty is there to remind us, our leaders, the Israelis and their lobbies that the memory of this massacre is not going to sink either.” – Gilad Atzmon, “Classic False Flag: 45th Anniversary Of The Attack On USS Liberty.”
This article is an update of a previous article called, “29 Reasons Why America Should Cut Off Ties With Israel, AIPAC And The Neocons.”
I’ve added 16 new reasons to the list to mark the 45th anniversary of the sneaky and deliberate attack on the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967, by Israel. Only the blind, the cowardly, and the treacherous deny the truth that Israel has been at war with America since that fateful day. It was an insult that demands avenging.
But I’m not am American, so who am I to speak on this subject, right? I understand that. It is a valid point. But I am a friend of the American people, and I respect their heroic contributions to civilization. What Israel did was wrong, cowardly, and evil.Some truths can’t be buried in the silent grave of history. The truth about the USS Liberty tells us so much about the nature of the U.S.-Israeli relationship. Israel’s terrorist leaders feel free to insult America’s honour and integrity to this day largely because U.S. leaders have remained silent in the face of Israeli aggression against American sovereignty. This is not loyalty. It is cowardice. It is treason.
But, why should I care? I’m not an American. Yes, but, you don’t have to bleed red white and blue to cry foul at Israel. Israel has committed acts of aggression against many nations, and it must be stopped for the sake of global security and international law.
II. 45 Reasons Why America Should Cut Off Ties With Israel, AIPAC And The Neocons
I’m reposting the short introduction to the previous article, plus the 29 reasons followed by the 16 new reasons beginning at number #30. I hope you enjoy this list, and, most importantly, get mad and stay mad. Anger is a virtue.
Below I list 29 reasons why the American people should cut off ties with Israel until it gets its act together and learns to join the community of civilized nations. Why 29? Because the Congress, led by traitors and rats like Eric Cantor, gave 29 standing ovations to that arrogant and disgusting bully Benjamin Netanyahu when he spoke in Congress on May 24, 2011.
Israel’s attack on the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967, was “an attack on America,” as Paul Craig Roberts said in his article ‘USS Liberty: Govt. Betrayal & Cover-up Finally Exposed.’
Israel should have been taught a lesson and humbled right then and there. Instead, lips were closed shut, and America was betrayed. Such a small nation like Israel should not be so arrogant that it can attack an empire and get away with it. A big reason why America has no honour today is because the attack on the USS Liberty was not treated as an act of war by Israel. Sitting silent in the face of treason from within and betrayal by allies abroad means the death of a nation’s honour and independence.
Israeli spying in the U.S. government is a known fact. And it is unforgivable. If you have not already, watch this Fox News report
from 2001 about Israeli spying in the U.S. before the September 11 attacks. Fox News is 99% wrong and evil, but it is not totally evil. In this case, it got it right.
3. Israel’s Mossad had a big hand in the 9/11 attacks. This is reason enough to tell Israel’s state terrorists, Ehud Barak and Netanyahu, to go to hell. Israel is also involved in other false flag attacks that create international confusion, regional chaos, popular hatred, and war.
4. AIPAC’s control of Congress and its subversion of America’s political process is unhealthy for a nation as powerful as America and also unjust.
Numerous Israeli leaders have disrespected American leadership and undermined America’s efforts on the Israeli-Palestinian crisis. Recently, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu publicly spat in the face of both President Barack Obama
and Vice President Joe Biden
6. Israel’s expansionist, war-like and racist policies makes it an outlaw state. It routinely breaks international law and starts wars for land and water while saying to the world “we must defend ourselves because our existence is threatened by Muslim extremists.” Riiight. As the British say, that’s bollocks, mate.
7. America’s “till death do us part” relationship with Israel diminishes America’s image as neutral, honest and fair. For America to be a great power it must be balanced, just, and bring both the Palestinians and the Israelis to the table. America must tell Israel that it is not special and that it will enforce international law because a nation that believes it is special and above all other nations will commit all kinds of crimes.
General David Petraeus, the current CIA director and former commander of U.S. Central Command, issued a report in January that said Israel’s actions towards the Palestinians reflects badly on America in the Islamic world and provides propaganda ammo for Muslims to attack American troops in Iraq, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Mark Perry wrote in an article called ‘The Petraeus briefing: Biden’s embarrassment is not the whole story’
at ForeignPolicy.com that Petraeus’s message was, “America’s relationship with Israel is important, but not as important as the lives of America’s soldiers.”
9. Israel pressures America to fight unnecessary wars and support unpopular policies. The U.S. military lobby is bad enough, why have another war lobby around Washington that does nothing but inject poisonous lies into the minds of Congressmen and Senators?
Israeli leaders Netanyahu and Barak are mentally unstable, and devious criminals who are pursuing an irrational policy towards Iran, Palestine, and the greater Middle East. Former Mossad Chief Meir Dagan has recently said
that the Netanyahu government is “irresponsible and reckless,” and will lead Israel to ruin and destruction by attacking Iran.
11. Israel is an intellectually bankrupt state that is afraid of any international criticism and blocks world intellectuals like Noam Chomsky from visiting the occupied Palestinian territories.
12. Israel’s deep influence on the U.S. mainstream media through AIPAC and the neocon gang damages democracy and deforms the national dialogue about issues relating to the Middle East. All healthy and free nations allow different viewpoints to be heard in the public square, but that is not the case today in America and other Western nations as a result of the slanted coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian crisis by the unethical mainstream media.
13. Israel’s hegemonic goals is destroying the balance of powers among the nations of the Middle East. By pitting itself along with America against hundreds of millions of people Israel is preventing any chance of peace. This is not a policy, it is madness. Moving forward, Israeli leaders need to learn how to cooperate and make peace with Israel’s neighbours, instead of bullying everyone into a state of fearful submission. Israel will achieve security and peace through love, not fear.
14. Israeli leaders have sabotaged the peace process time after time, making it harder each time for America to present a straight face to the Arab public and Middle East governments.
Israel is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship in which “18 families control 60% of the equity value of all companies in Israel,” according to Shir Hever
, an economic researcher who works for the Alternative Information Center in Jerusalem. Israel has an army of spies and propagandists who spread lies in the world media and intimidate people from criticizing Israel’s unjust policies. The Israeli state also brainwashes its own population and uses state terror and fear to make Israelis believe that they will always be under threat from their neighbours which is not true.
16. Israel’s extremist leadership and crazy religious communities do not want to compromise. They think they can get away with disrespecting international law and the natural rights of the Palestinians because they have greater military power. But that won’t always be the case. Instead of relying on fear and power, Israel must be told in clear terms by American military and political leaders to use diplomacy to solve its political problems.
Israel irresponsibly offered to sell its nuclear weapons
to the apartheid regime of South Africa, proving that it is a dishonourable and untrustworthy state that has no problems with making money from dictatorships at their people’s expense.
18. Israel’s collective punishment of a million and more Palestinians is barbaric, unjust, and totally criminal. It is a big sign that the Israeli state is weak and pathetic when it prevents international activists from sending humanitarian goods to the people of Gaza who deserve to have access to goods and education.
19. Israeli leaders make a mockery of the history of the Jewish people by exploiting their past trauma and grief to justify their barbaric treatment of Palestinians. They also unjustly blacken Jews and non-Jews alike as anti-Semitic and Jew-hating. This obnoxious propaganda tactic is getting on everyone’s nerves. Israel is not a victim. It is an aggressive state that uses deception and terror to get what it wants.
20. Israeli hardline leaders are ungrateful for what America has done for Israel’s security. A lack of gratitude and love in a nation for its friends is a poisonous trait. A nation that only cares about its own survival and interests does not deserve to be called a nation. The people of Israel have been brainwashed into thinking that it is their tiny island against the world, and that everybody hates them. This is a big and dangerous delusion that has brought suffering to the people of Israel and its neighbours. American leaders must tell the people of Israel that the world hates Israel not because of its ethnicity but because the Israeli government refuses to abandon destructive, unjust and murderous policies towards the Palestinians and other countries in the region.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is an arrogant bully and a pathological liar who wants war, not a honest statesmen who wants peace. On May 24, 2011, Netanyahu stormed into Congress, and basically treated Congressmen and Congresswomen like weak and impressionable children, taking their lunch and dignity away from them. In his speech
, Netanyahu used bombastic rhetoric like all dangerous warmongers. If you allow a bully like Netanyahu to take your lunch today, he’ll come back for more tomorrow. The only way you deal with a bully is by standing up to him and knocking him down.
22. Israel is busying stirring up chaos in Lebanon by falsely accusing Hezbollah of assassinating former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafic Hariri. This deception is an act of war. It wouldn’t matter if Israel didn’t have nuclear weapons, but because it has nuclear weapons it is not only a danger to herself and her neighbours but the rest of the world as well.
Israel is not on the frontline in the war against Islamic extremism. The war on terror, or the war between Western Civilization and Islamic Civilization, is a myth of conflict
that was deliberately concocted to serve Israel’s hegemonic geopolitical agenda and strategic interests, and justify America’s imperialist wars. Thus, the claim that America must support Israel’s fight against terrorism because Israel is defending Western civilization and America’s interests is a giant and immoral lie.
24. The Israeli state does not represent Jewish values and the great Jewish tradition. Netanyahu’s government is acting immorally towards Palestinians and bringing shame upon the people of Israel.
25. Israel is a failed state that uses state terror and deception to dominate the Palestinian people. State terrorism does not work in the end, and partnering with a terrorist state is a crime. Israel’s state terrorists must either transform into honest statesmen or they must be forced to come to the table and make fair compromises for the sake of peace and survival. But that won’t happen under the current leadership in Israel. A leopard doesn’t change its spots. Barak and Netanyahu were state terrorists yesterday, they are state terrorists today, and they will be state terrorists tomorrow.
26. Israel cannot dictate American policy in the Middle East in any way. Some American leaders may believe that they have to keep Israel close to Washington to prevent it from doing anything foolish on its own. This is pure speculation on my part. I call it the short leash approach to diplomacy, whereby you keep Israel on a tight and short leash to control its excessive belligerence. I understand the logic of this approach, but it won’t work forever. A mad dog can’t be constrained by a leash, even if it is an empire’s leash. The leash can also be used in a reverse fashion by Israel’s arrogant leaders: to choke America to death.
All Israeli leaders want to do is make war because it is the easy way out. Israel has been itching for a war with Iran for a long time. But Israel’s security is not threatened by the Iranian regime. Israel has been wrong about Iran’s nuclear program in the past and it is wrong today. Read Justin Elliott’s Salon article from December, 2010 called ‘Israel on Iran: So wrong for so long.’
Also, read Arash Norouzi’s article from January, 2007 called ‘Wiped Off The Map: The Rumour of The Century,’
and Meir Javedanfar’s Guardian article from June, 2011 called ‘Why Israel is wrong about Iran.’
Javedanfar writes, wisely:
The biggest reason why Iran’s supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, has agreed to talks during the last few years is not the fear of a military attack by Israel. The biggest reason is that he is worried about his country’s economy, which is far more crucial to the regime’s survival than the nuclear programme. The Islamic regime in Iran has not and will not live on its nuclear programme. It lives on its economy.
28. Israel rapes the standards of international law and does not deserve to be called a civilized society. Israel’s crimes in Gaza are in the realm of unspeakable evil. The Israeli state treats Palestinians like bugs. After Israel’s war on Gaza in 2009, an Israeli soldier said: “That’s what is so nice, supposedly, about Gaza. You see a person on a road … He doesn’t have to be with a weapon. You don’t have to identify him with anything. You can just shoot him.” An editorial from the Guardian on March 24, 2009, called ‘A case to answer’ pointed out that, “what Israel does or is allowed to get away with doing affects attempts to establish the rule of international law in other conflicts.”
Peace will not be achieved by being nice to Israel while being mean to the Palestinians. America must either be mean to all sides, nice to all sides, or take no side at all, which is what I think it should do. Following George Washington’s and Ron Paul’s non-interventionist approach is the wisest course of action. There is no either/or decision to make here. The war is not between either Israel or the forces of Islam. The war is between war and peace; survival or annihilation. In the end, the people of the Middle East, including the people of Israel, will suffer and bleed because Israel’s extremist leaders are choosing to commit Israel to a campaign of stupid and evil aggression instead of reaching out to Israel’s neighbours with peace in mind.30.
Israel is jeopardizing America’s security and long-term interests in the Middle East by insisting that Iran be attacked preemptively. A new report by the Center for a New American Security (CNAS) says that an attack on Iran would be counter-productive and severely backfire against the interests and goals of the U.S. in the region. 31. Israel’s meddling in the 2012 presidential election is unacceptable. Bibi Netanyahu, the mad king of Israel, is waging war on the United States by manipulating America’s dysfunctional political process in Israel’s favour and trying to unseat a sitting American president. Journalist Max
Blumenthal said on the Real News Network back in February of this year:
“Netanyahu is more immersed in the American political process, in the culture wars, and in the Republican primary than any foreign leader in recent modern history, and he’s doing so because he wants regime change in two countries. The first country is Iran, the second country is the United States. He wants to replace Barack Obama with a Republican. He tried the same thing when he was prime minister in the 1990s against President Bill Clinton. He leaned on Gingrich. He leaned on people who are seeking to impeach President Clinton, using Israel as a partisan wedge issue the same way the Christian right uses abortion and gay marriage. And this campaign is the fulfillment of Netanyahu’s strategy to use Israel, and now Iran, as a political tool to unseat Barack Obama.”
32. The U.S. government is forced to discriminate against American citizens who travel to Israel based on their ethnicity because of its close relationship to the racist and extremist government in Israel. Recently, an American-Palestinian woman named Sandra Tamari was insulted and psychologically abused by the officials in the U.S. embassy in Israel, who are afraid of Israel but not of American citizens. They told her: “You’re not Jewish? Then we can’t do anything to help you.”
33. Israel has not signed the NPT, and possesses 400 nuclear bombs. As a result, Israel poses an immediate threat to the collective security of the world, including America and the nations of Europe. But don’t tell that to Germany, which just gave Israel nine nuke-armed submarines. How’s that for a tag team? The fascists in Germany and Israel want to gang up on Iran and the people of the Middle East. Richard Silverstein writes: “Germany preferred to sell weapons to Israel and look the other way at any unfortunate results. This works well until Israel unleashes the Big One. Then the chickens will come home to roost.”
34. American and Iranian interests in the Middle East align almost perfectly if you take an expansionist and aggressive Israel out of the picture. Read more about the need for an American-Iranian rapprochement in these two articles: “America And Persia Have Two Clear Choices: Rapprochement or War,” and “The Two Georges, The Two Irans, And The Two Paths In The Middle East Drama.”
35. America has gone above and beyond to satisfy Israel’s every whim, for good or ill. But what has Israel done in return? Its rude leaders spit in the face of President Obama and act like they’re the ones who are being disrespected, persecuted, and mistreated. Israel’s “what you have done for me lately” attitude to the United States is anti-historical, dishonourable, shameless, and suicidal.
36. Israel’s relationship to America is not just an American-Israeli affair. This sick relationship has damaged international peace, Middle East security, and the cause of Palestinian independence. At a certain point in time, an international chorus of reality-based observers and analysts will stand up and say enough is enough. If America will not willingly and peacefully cut its ties with an aggressive and belligerent Israeli government, then America will sink with Israel.
37. ”Israel is a dysfunctional, spartan, military state that cannot hold itself together unless it finds itself at war with someone, and so it has to constantly be looking for new enemies to conquer,” said Mark Glenn on Press TV in April. Any country that joins its destiny to such an aggressive, expansionist, irrational, racist, and terrorist state is insane.
38. America’s psychological attachment to Israel has weakened America’s political culture and American society as a whole. Normalizing relations with Israel and reducing pro-Israeli fevour would strengthen America’s image in the world and its internal political health.
39. Israel’s long-term security interests would be better served if America was not so strongly tied to its political destiny. Israel might grow up and face the difficulties of the Middle East with a sober head if it realized that it cannot depend on America’s military to come to its aid in wars that it started against its neighbours.
40. America and Israel do not share many values. America is a multicultural country; Israel is a racist state. America is for the United Nations and international law, at least rhetorically; Israel views itself as a sovereign and independent state that does not respect international law and international bodies. America respects all religions and faiths; Israel is a Jewish state that discriminates against Christians and Muslims.
41. America’s relationship with Israel is incompatible with its support for the nuclear non-proliferation regime. It is a mixed message. That is why America has no political legitimacy to enforce international law on anyone. The whole world knows that it is absurd for America to bully and attack Iran, which does not have any nuclear weapons, while it shields Israel, a nation that has hundreds of nuclear weapons and has stated that it will use them if push came to shove, even against European nations.
42. America’s failure in establishing a credible and long-term peace between the Israelis and Palestinians is proof that America is not some kind of Superman on the world stage. America is a great nation but it is sadly beholden to fraudsters, terrorists, bullies, blackmailers, and liars who wish to see the Palestinians eat dirt and die. Even Barack Obama has gained the nerve to state publicly that the United States is “more attentive” to Israel than the Palestinians. That’s like a partner of a rapist saying that it is more attentive to the rapist than the rape victim. Palestinians are not terrorists; they are rape victims.
43. America’s political and moral power that it won by defeating the Nazis and later the Soviets has become undone in two decades because of its refusal to reassess its special relationship with Israel. The false flag 9/11 events by the CIA and Mossad symbolized the destruction of America’s moral power on the international stage. America now has power without honour, and that kind of power is not sustainable because it is not legitimate. Read James E. Miller’s article, “America’s “Do As I Say, Not As I Do” Warfare.”
44. Israel doesn’t need more American arms and money. It needs a moment of self-reflection. America can better serve Israel’s security interests by engaging Israel in a worldwide spiritual, educational, and psychological effort that will help the Israeli people come to understand and love the Palestinians, and vice versa. The past three decades have seen the radicalization of the Arabs, Jews, Americans, Iranians, and everyone in the region. Moving forward, the process of radicalization must be stopped and replaced with understanding, healing, compassion, and love. America has the most important role to play in this process because it is home to every faith and tribe in the world.
45. Israel’s terrorist leaders have blinded the judgment of the American people about the nature of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Iran’s nuclear program, and the Middle East in general. They have done this either with the forced or the willing cooperation of the U.S. government. The cover-up of the false flag 9/11 events suggests that the governments of America and Israel intend to go down with the ship together. Nothing in the world can change the reality that the big lie of 9/11 hangs over their heads, as does the judgment of history.
“Unless Americans ignore the likes of Hanson, Podhoretz, Lieberman, Woolsey, and Wolfowitz,” wrote former CIA officer Michael Scheuer on July 16, 2008, in an article called ‘Turning the Tables on the Israel-Firsters
,’ “the cost in blood and treasure will ultimately bankrupt America.”
For America to survive as a nation it must be firm with both Israel and Palestine, and avoid a war with Iran. The problems that America must fix are an excessive national debt, a bad economy, immigration problems, border challenges, and a severe political crisis that springs from long-standing treasonous policies by the Democratic-Republican leadership which benefit a small, politically powerful class, but harm the livelihoods and security of the majority of the American people.I am highly skeptical that America will cut off ties with Israel, AIPAC, and Neocons. Washington and Tel Aviv are a siamese twin of evil, separating one from the other would automatically cause the death of both, if the separation is not done with great care and skill. An attack on Iran will unite them, but for the worse. It will then become clear to all that the special marriage between America and Israel that was born in hell and maintained under Satan’s good graces can only die in hell. And, ironically, it will be a hell of their own making.I’ll end this article by quoting journalist and author Alan Hart. In his article called, “Israel’s attack on the USS Liberty – The full story,”
Hart writes: “The lesson of this cold-blooded, murderous attack was that there is nothing the Zionist state might not do, to its friends as well as its enemies
, in order to get its own way.”